God is Gr8...if you need some proof, well, listen to Carter's weekend:
It's Friday afternoon; I look through the mail when I get home. Two friends have sent cards reminding us that Carter is in their prayers and one of my cheerleaders and her mom (Jess & Peggy) have sent a prayer book letting us know that they asked for prayer for Carter through the Trinity Missionaries. How thoughtful and awesome to know that some many people around the world are praying for Carter.
Saturday, our dear family friend, Becky, calls me to let me know that a Prayer Blanket was made for Carter today. Women from four area churches, knotted a fleece blanket and with each knot a prayer was sent up to God asking for healing for Carter. This beautiful ministry was founded by Lauren Turk and has touched so many lives. Becky let me know that not only did the ladies pray over the blanket for Carter, but that the blanket would be placed on the alter for the 1st and 2nd church services the next day, so that many more members of our church family could pray for Carter. Awesome, right?
Then, Sunday, we attended Victory Christian Center in Boardman, OH with Josh's parents. Grandma Darlene and Grandpa Terry made arrangements for us to visit the Prayer Center after the church service to have a group of friends pray over Carter. I expected that to be amazing, and it was. However, what happened during the church service was even more profound. A woman sitting near me kept turning around to smile at Carter. Before long she moved over a couple seats to be right in front of him, making him smile and asking if she could hold him. He loved her hair (it was in braids). Soon thereafter, I took Carter to go eat. Upon my return, the woman asked if she could pray with Carter and I...said she really felt compelled to pray over him. During the prayer, over and over I heard the phrases "Carter will know You, Lord, at an early age" and "others will know You, Lord, through Carter." Pretty powerful stuff! As we parted ways, she said to me, "I know you don't know me, and I don't normally do this. But I just felt overwhelmed to pray with you and Carter." I thanked her again, and she went off to find a new seat (as hers was now unavailable). About 15 minutes later, she returned to talk to Josh. She said that as the service continued, God spoke to her about Carter's father...that he needed to be reminded that God has everything under control and that he doesn't need to worry. WOW...Josh really needed to hear that, too! How did she know that Josh is the worrier of the two of us? She knew nothing of Carter's upcoming surgery or anything...GOD at WORK!
After the service, we met a few people in the lobby of the church (including Gary and Becky getting to officially meet Carter). A pre-teen boy make a special trip to come smile at Carter...it was neat...almost like people were drawn to him. Then we were off to the Prayer Center beside the church.
Some friends and church family of Grandpa Terry and Grandma Darlene were there. We laid hands upon Carter and took turn praying over him and his upcoming surgery. It was a powerful time as I felt God's presence as He lifted my anxiety and opened my heart to trust Him through this. Carter smiled (and played with my necklace through the whole thing:)
It was a memorable weekend, and attached are some pics from the prayer center. I will have a pic of his prayer blanket when I upload his 5 month pix. Thank you to EVERYONE praying for Carter!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment