Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ready or NOT

Well, yesterday was my last day of work.  Overwhelming, yes, but bittersweet.  Happy as always to welcome summer..more this year as I have Carter to look forward to, but saddened as to why my summer vaca starts so soon.  My students were very sweet...saying good-bye, wishing Carter a speedy recovery, etc.  My first period even made a card and I received a few letters and a trophy:)  I will miss them.

I also left Friday with a heavy heart as I will miss teaching beside such a great mentor...Phil.  I still can't believe Phil is retiring.  He has been such a great role model for me (and many others)...especially for his example of being a life-learner.  I never told him this...but I looked up to him as a daughter looks up to her dad.  I always knew I could turn to him, talk to him and ultimately, COUNT on him.  From Phil, I learned so much about teaching, learning and standing up for what is right.  He demonstrated a willingness to change and constantly improve teaching strategies...to never get stuck in a rut.  I will miss having that relationship at work next year.  I plan to take the time to let him know just how much he has meant to me when I see him the last day of school.

We'll be taking Carter's 6 month pics on Monday since he'll be in surgery for his actual six month birthday:(  I'll get those posted when I can.

So...have I been avoiding the "elephant in... cyberspace":  Carter Surgery?  Ugh...it is finally upon us.  I know, I know..."he'll never remember it, he'll be fine, it'll be worse on us than him, his surgeon literally wrote the book on the new way to do this surgery, he's in good hands at Childrens"...logically I KNOW ALL OF THAT....doesnt keep me from bawling my eyes out when I look at my beautiful baby boy.  If I knew he wouldnt be ridiculed or stared at his whole life, I wouldnt go through with this surgery.  I love his smile-just as it is-it lights up a room.  Will his new smile do that?   God, I pray that itdoes.  I pray for a speedy recovery.  I know that many of you as well as non-cyber friends and churches around the world are praying for him so from the absolute bottom of my heart...THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. And, well, ready or NOT the surgery is upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment