I have tried my best to treasure every moment, but time still ran away as though this past year was a 5K. I don't want to forget anything, so I hope this blog and the millions of pix and videos help me hold on to my memories! Carter is a true blessing---he captures hearts. I don't know if it's common, but people stop to talk to him everywhere we go. In the mall, stores, restaurants...people are drawn to him.
He's still a major cuddler and loves to squeeze around the neck! Peek-a-boo is a favorite as is any song that I sing to him. Recently he breaks into a huge smile when I sing "Happy Birthday." He's on the go--almost running now. His likes include: wheels, tractor rides, cozy coupe rides (he can get in and out himself now), playing the piano, The Backyardigans, Moose and Zee, steering wheels, balls, music, clearing out cupboards and his ultimate favorite: books! Carter is eating quite well for us--loves fruit, veggies and cereal. Hasn't made the switch to whole milk just yet, but we've started to add it to his bottles. He's been walking for two weeks or so without any problems. It's rather freeing, actually. I can sit down or work at something and allow Carter to go off exploring. His self-entertainment skills are developing, but he still prefers to be near one of us. If I dont hear him for a couple minutes, I can usually bank on finding him "reading" a book in his bedroom.
We had a busy Thanksgiving--his birthday fell on the holiday this year. We went to Matt and Liza's to celebrate with the Coursen family that evening. Friday we went to Kevin and Laurens to celebrate with the Tharans and Saturday we hosted his 1st Birthday party. All of his grand parents and great grandparents as well as all of his aunts, uncles and 2 cousins were in attendance! His 2nd cousin, Jordan, was also there. He had a great time and had his first taste of sugar in the form of Birthday cake, which made him shudder and cringe. The pics dont quite capture it, but we got it on video! Enjoy the pics!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment