Carter is doing extremely well:) We had a post appt with Dr. Losee on Monday (June 7) and the arm bands are off, he's back to nursing and doesnt need to be seen again for 6 months (unless the scar reddness doesnt fade). Dr. Losee was very pleased with everything, minus the fact that he'd like the scar to be less pink. Carter will be wearing a flesh-colored tape ON the scar and a pressure tape that goes on his two cheeks across the lip for AT LEAST the next 3-6 months. He doesnt seem to mind that:)
SO, now that the surgery is over...let's get back to CARTER development updates! Without the arm bands he is rediscovering toys, rolling over, pushing up, and rockin on all fours trying to make progress! We are also finally introducing Rice cereal...he's not too interested. I video-taped it for Josh to see--hilarious. He barely opens his mouth, and when he does actually attempt to taste it, he puckers up like I'm giving him Sour Patch Kids to eat!
He's back to sleeping through the night (since I dont have to watch him like a hawk with those arm bands) and takes 2-3 naps a day.
Yesterday he just wanted in that Excersaucer or on his belly in his Baby Einstein tunnel to play. He's thrilled to be able to put toys in his mouth again, although he's been doing that very gingerly (so smart). Today he wants to sit on my lap and play...probably missing that a little since that's how we've spent the last two weeks. Its been so cute because he stops what he's playing with, looks up at me, smiles and then reaches both arms around me and hugs me:) So endearing...he's such a lover!!! He's also loving that he can wrap his arms around my neck and squeeze again...but he hasnt tried to do too much kissin yet...give him time...if he were to kiss me like he did (see Mother's day pix) it'd probably hurt his tender nose anyway.
Well...life has returned to somewhat normal....I no longer feel like I have a 20 lb newborn who doesnt sleep like he did when he was an 8 lb newborn...my arms are getting a well-deserved break after having to hold Carter nonstop for the past two weeks...dont get me wrong, I wouldnt trade that closeness for anything in the world--but I'm exhausted! I hear ya moms around the world--"welcome to motherhood" and "it's only just begun." Thanks:)
No comments:
Post a Comment