It's official, Carter is crawling! Over the past two weeks he has been rocking, getting up on all fours and lunging forward and landing like a baby seal, but yesterday when we were cleaning his room he started picking up one arm and moving the opposite leg and so on. He was so excited about being able to make such progress towards toys or us! I have it on video, and hopefully today I can figure out how to put my videos on my Mac to share on this blog.
Food no longer APPEARS to be the enemy:) He ate butternut squash using the spoon the past two days. I think we'll try a green veggie next, but my pediatrician recommended the yellow/orange veggies first. I'm over trying rice cereal--maybe after we try the veggies we can try it again. He seems to enjoy the taste of the fluoride, so at least that's a plus! I downloaded Feeding Baby Green by Dr. Greene to my Kindle and read it this weekend. It has already proven to be a great resource (I do recommend it). And, if by the grace of our God, we have another child, I will reference the book during my pregnancy as well. It's very interesting! One of Josh's co-workers purchased a book for us, So Easy Baby Food; so I plan to start making Carter's food this week. I've read the book a couple times and looked at recipes, but until Carter showed interest in food, I didn't want to get started. Now I am excited to try some out!!! Wish me luck that my ability to prepare Carter's food goes better than my cooking for Josh! lol. I'm a great baker...not such a great cook:(
While Carter naps 2-3 times a day, I am also busy reading American Lit on my Kindle...super fun! I am writing unit and lesson plans for my new position as 11th grade English teacher. In addition, I received a letter congratulating me on being named Language Arts Department Head for our school. It's going to be a new and exciting year with a new superintendent and several new dept heads, including my sister Lauren, who was named LS Dept Head.
Every day is new and exciting as Carter makes new noises, expressions and progress. He is still so sweet...such a cuddler. He constantly gives hugs and kisses, and it's rare NOT to see a smile on his face. Carter LOVES music and he still smiles like crazy and even talks back when Ni-Hao Kai-Lan is on. He especially loves the intro song to her cartoon, but any time she is on the screen talking to the audience he just beams back at her. He enjoys watching other kids and loves being entertained my our friends in the congregation at church! We are so blessed by our Lord to have such a sweet, good-natured and happy little boy. Thank you Jesus for this wonderful little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment